wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world

wondering...about the wonders of this wonderfull...world
foto x arnaldo @MMXIproject
A couple of summers ago, coming home from class, I took the subway with a friend and I told her I was trying to start a blog... then I also told her how time consuming and addicting it had become, and that I was wondering if it was something worth doing... she laughed and asked me to let her know when I was done and give her the"link" so she could read it. Then she left and I kept thinking...why? why should I do this ?

Technology has taken us to a new level and we are now, able to "publish ourselves"! PUBLISH OURSELVES however we want to; if you want to be yourself, transparent and out in the open, or even if you want to pretend to be someone else... YOU CAN! Now you can blog and share your thoughts and experiences with people without having them "altered" by the editors, or "chosen" because of how cool or marketable they are...

This space is for us to share; zaidibirindilindilandia-my own little world, my ingenious- and your thoughts!

welcome, and thank you!



Creative Commons License

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MANIFESTO_of creativemoulding+criticalweathering on MUUSE. Photoshoot w. Michael Butterfin + Mallory Matoush

Pictures of our latest photo-shoot are here!!!

Have you heard about MUUSE?
MUUSE is a really cool new platform for emerging designers. "It exists in order to bring better design to the world and help young fashion entrepreneurs launch collections, through bringing a new and more sustainable business model to the fashion industry." 
They sell limited edition pieces and it is all made to order. A very sustainable concept!

I've been trying to work with them since last fall, but timing just was not right... UNTIL NOW!
HOWEVER... I am super excited to announce that some pieces from my thesis collection "MANIFESTO_of_creativemoulding+criticalweathering" 
will be up for sale through MUUSE starting MARCH 7th (hopefully)!!!

My thesis collection is the one I showed at the 19th edition of MITTELMODA, in Italy last July.
Although I had some nice images from the runway + from a shoot with friend/amazing photographer Jordan Cortese... I did not have detailed images of each garment.

In a bit of a rush I was able to organize a photo shoot (with the help of Model Mayhem) and was super lucky to find a wonderful photographer and model. We planned everything in 3 days and had the shoot at my uncle's apartment in Brooklyn Heights.


Thanks:
-MODEL: Mallory Matoush
 for understanding our concept and being such a trooper. you are a true beauty!
-PHOTOGRAPHER: Michael Butterfin
for helping me organize this in such a short time, and being so passionate about everything you do!
-Hair/Makeup: HELP Ileana Goveo Balmaseda


hope you like the pictures as much as we do +
catch me on MUUSE on MARCH 7th!
xox

Mallory Matoush is wearing the "moss_formations_cutout_tunic"
made w. recycled cotton yarn (from T-shirt production waste ) hand-dyed w. vegetable (coffee +curry) and non-toxic dyes. embellished w. hand-embroidered French knots

Mallory Matoush is wearing the "moss_formations_dress"
made w. organic/recycled yarns, hand-dyed w. vegetable + non-toxic dyes
 
  
Mallory Matoush is wearing the "mossformations_HWskirt" made w. museling-free wool, 
hand-dyed w. low-impact/non-toxic GREENER Dyes® + vegetable dyes. 
embellished with hand-embroidered french knots. 
AND the "root-ed_2wayshrug"  made w. crocheted + felted 100% organic + recycled wool (from de-knitted sweaters).

Mallory Matoush is wearing the  "root-ed_2wayshrug" 
  made w. crocheted + felted 100% organic + recycled wool (from de-knitted sweaters).
 
Mallory Matoush is wearing the "root-ed_transformableshrug" made w. crocheted+felted 100% organic + recycled wool (from de-knitted sweaters).

Mallory Matoush is wearing the "birch-en_cuffedleggings" 
made from 100% recycled cotton (from T-shirt production waste). 

Mallory Matoush is wearing the "onesleeve_croptop" made w. 100% organic cotton and hand dyed w. low-impact/non-toxic GREENER Dyes®.
            

Mallory Matoush is wearing the "root-ed_dress" outer part made w. crocheted organic+recycled yarns (from de-knitted sweaters) base textile is an irregular rib knitted from dead-stock yarn.
 

1 comment: